Tizen 1.0 Larkspur, including the addition of new complimentary components, as well as source code that focuses on enhancing stability and performance. We believe that these updates and new offerings improve the experience for developers. We are also continuing to work on improvements and additions, and we will be doing frequent updates to the SDK and source code. There are a few additional components that we plan to add in the coming weeks, and we will continue to fix bugs and add additional features.
We encourage you to download the new SDK and let us know what you think! You can learn more about where to ask questions or submit bugs by visiting our community page.
This release provides new features and other improvements, including the following updates to the SDK:
- Simulator: A new browser-based tool that supports the Tizen APIs and allows you to run and debug your web applications, and simulate running applications with various device profiles.
- IDE: Enhancements include more flexibility around templates and debugging tools.
- Emulator: Significantly improved emulator performance through Intel's Hardware Acceleration Manager for Windows and OpenGL acceleration for Linux.
Updates to the platform source code include:
- Web: Support for additional features of W3C/HTML5 specification
- Location: Support for POI (Point of Interest) and route search
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct key features added
We have also made a number of improvements to the community infrastructure. We have also added a bug tracker and wiki for the community. There are also a number of back-end changes, designed to improve stability and scalability of the infrastructure. We hope you enjoy all of these new improvements for the Tizen project.