In his Keynote opening the Build developers conference, President of Microsoft's Windows Division Steven Sinofsky touched on some updated facts on the still-relatively-young Windows 7 before diving into the demonstration of the next-generation Windows 8.
- Sales of Windows 7 is approaching 450 million copies.
- Windows 7 consumer usage is now greater than Windows XP.
- 1,502 non-security product code changes have been delivered.
- Internet Explorer 9 is "the fastest-growing Windows 7 browser."
- 542 million people using Windows Live services every month.
It's important to note that the second point is focused on consumers and not the enterprise, where XP is deeply entrenched.