ATI, now being as AMD part, already for few years follows the tradition when releasing video cards drivers. It supposes one release per month. From one side such periodicity does not allow to bring in cardinal changes within the frame of a few updates, but innovations and corrections of errors are made not immediately, but gradually. And it is possible to look after this process very intently.
Changes are in next Catalyst can touch both the correction of errors, addition new useful functions and increase in performance in certain games and tests.
The new version of ATI Catalyst 10.7 driver was presented the other day. List of its changes for Windows looks like the following:
- New Features:
- ATI Eyefinity - HydraVision enhancements. Maximizing a window across displays will now take user defined bezel compensation into account. Automatically adjusts window position when dragging and dropping windows to ensure title bar visibility. Proper dialog box placement - dialogs do not cross displays, are not hidden behind bezels, and can be designated to be shown on the users "preferred" display.
- Enhanced Pull-down detection. The Pull-down detection algorithm has been enhanced for higher visual quality on certain types of video content. Supported on the ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series of products.
- ATI CrossFireX technology – support for rotated displays. This release of ATI Catalyst enables end users running supported ATI CrossFireX configurations to rotate their displays (single or ATI Eyefinity display configurations) and still enjoy the performance benefits of ATI CrossFireX technology.
- ATI Radeon GPU acceleration of VLC 1.1.1 Media Player. Enables GPU acceleration of H.264 video content when using the VLC 1.1.1 Media Player – delivering a better user experience by consuming less system resources. Supported on the ATI Radeon HD 5000 and ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series of products. Requires VLC version 1.1.1 and later.
- Performance Improvements:
- Performance increases 3-5% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 and ATI Radeon HD 5700 series single card and CrossFire configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled.
- Performance increases 3-8% on ATI Radeon HD 5970 single card and CrossFire configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled.
- Performance increases 2-6% on ATI Radeon HD 5600 and ATI Radeon HD 5500 series single card configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled.
- Performance increases 2-10% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 series single card and CrossFire configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled.
New Catalyst Linux driver contains following changes:
- Support for New Linux Operating Systems. Ubuntu 10.04 and openSUSE 11.3.
- ATI Catalyst 10.7 delivers support for ATI Eyefinity technology under all supported Linux distributions
It is possible to download new driver ATI Catalyst 10.7 from our catalog: