ATI company, now being as AMD part, already for few years follows the tradition when releasing video cards drivers. It supposes one release per month. From one side such periodicity does not allow to bring in cardinal changes within the frame of a few updates, but innovations and corrections of errors are made not immediately, but gradually. And it is possible to look after this process very intently.
Changes are in next Catalyst can touch both the correction of errors, addition new useful functions and increase in performance in certain games and tests.
The new version of ATI Catalyst 9.12 driver was presented the other day. List of innovations for Windows-looks like a version the following:
- New Features:
- ATI Catalyst support for DirectCompute 10.1. This release of ATI Catalyst provides full support for DirectCompute 10.1 for the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, ATI Radeon HD 4700 Series for both single card and ATI CrossFireX supported configurations.
- OpenGL 3.2 extension support. This release of ATI Catalyst provides support for OpenGL 3.2 extension support on the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series and ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series.
- Performance Improvements:
- 3DMark Vantage. overall performance improves as much as 9% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 and ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products. GT1 – Jane Nash performance improves as much as 15% and FT4 – GPU Cloth improves up to 15%.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Call of Pripyat. Performance improves as much as 6% on single card configurations.
In addition in Linux-driver contains error corrections.v
It is possible to download new driver ATI Catalyst 9.12 from our catalog: