ATI company, now being AMD part, already for few years follows the tradition when release drivers for video cards. And this tradition supposes presentation to the update version each month. From one side such periodicity does not allow to bring in cardinal changes within the frame of a few updates, but innovations and corrections of errors are embedded can not immediately, but gradually. And after this process it is possible to look after very intently.
Changes are in next Catalyst can touch both the correction of errors and addition new, before disabled and useful function and increase of the productivity in certain games and tests.
The update version of ATI Catalyst 9.7 drivers was presented the other day. List of innovations for Windows-looks like a version the following:
- New Features:
- AMD’s first official unified Windows 7 / Windows Vista Microsoft WHQL certified graphics driver for the Windows 7 RTM
- ATI Catalyst Control Center Updates. A newly designed Desktops & Displays Manager - enabling users to more quickly configure and arrange their displays
- ATI Video encoder update – support for Windows 7
- Performance Improvements:
- Crysis – performance at very high quality preset increases by up to 8% on HD4800 seriesproducts
- Lost Planet Colonies – performance increases by 7-11% when 8x Anti-Aliasing is used on the HD4800 series products
In addition in Linux-driver the followings new features were added:
- RedFlag DT 7.0 production support
It is possible to download new driver ATI Catalyst 9.7 from our catalog: