ATI company, now being AMD part, already for few years follows the tradition when release drivers for video cards. And this tradition supposes presentation to the update version each month. From one side such periodicity does not allow to bring in cardinal changes within the frame of a few updates, but innovations and corrections of errors are embedded can not immediately, but gradually. And after this process it is possible to look after very intently.
Changes are in next Catalyst can touch both the correction of errors and addition new, before disabled and useful function and increase of the productivity in certain games and tests.
The update version of ATI Catalyst 9.6 drivers was presented the other day. List of innovations for Windows-looks like a version the following:
- Performance Improvements:
- Company of Heroes – performance improves up to 25% with HD 4600 series products and below as well as improvements of up to 10% on HD 4800 series
- Crysis – performance improves up to 13% in multi-GPU configurations
- Crysis Warhead – performance improves up to 11% in multi-GPU configurations
- World in Conflict – performance improvements of up to 30% can be seen in settings that were previously CPU limited
In addition in Linux-driver the followings new features were added:
- This release of ATI Catalyst Linux introduces support for the following new operating system: SLED and SLED 11 production support, RHEL 4.8 early look support
- MultiView for Consumer users
It is possible to download new driver ATI Catalyst 9.6 from our catalog: