NEC Display Solutions of America announced today the 23-inch MultiSync P232W-BK and P232W-BK-SV desktop monitors. The full HD MultiSync P232W can be seen at InfoComm 2012 (NEC Display Solutions Booth No. C6819) from June 13 – 15, 2012, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
The budget-friendly MultiSync P232W display joins the next-generation MultiSync P Series, which features standard-gamut displays designed for web graphics, online video and photography professionals to ensure accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance. Its white LED-backlit IPS panel allows a low power consumption of 29 watts and slimmer depth compared to its predecessor, while its ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness based on lighting conditions.
The MultiSync P232W provides wide connectivity with DisplayPort, DVI-D, HDMI and VGA inputs. Additionally, its USB hub can be used alongside the DisplaySync Pro KVM feature to operate two computers with only one keyboard and mouse, each with its own color space.
The MultiSync P232W-BK-SV features hardware color calibration using the NEC SpectraView II kit to deliver accurate color in a simple-to-use and affordable package. The kit, which is compatible with both Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows operating systems, includes an optimized calibration sensor based on the highly acclaimed X-Rite Eye-One Pro and award-winning SpectraViewII calibration software.
“The next-generation MultiSync P232W continues to offer the popular features of preceding models, while including new technologies such as HDMI connectivity and professional-grade LED backlighting,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “MultiSync P Series users can take advantage of NEC’s complimentary MultiProfiler software for complete control over five picture modes, including the loading of any ICC profile directly into the monitor. This enables optimal color space matching and ensures accurate color representation on the screen.”
The MultiSync P232W includes the following features:
- 23-inch, white LED-backlit, IPS LCD technology with wide viewing angles for optimum performance and accurate color display 250 cd/m² brightness
- Comprehensive input panel, including DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D and VGA
- USB 2.0 hub (2 up / 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro
- Internal 14-bit 3D programmable lookup tables (LUTs)
- Four-way ergonomic and quick-release stand with 150mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot, including locking base and carrying handle
- AmbiBright ambient light sensor automatically adjusts display’s brightness based on lighting conditions
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture capabilities, which allow two video signals to be viewed simultaneously in a secondary window configuration
- ICC Profile Emulation for quick access to alternate color spaces
- Touch capable
- GammaComp MD QA software-ready
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 and TCO 5.2
- Compatible with SpectraViewII software, which helps the display achieve accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance (included with P232W-BK-SV)
- Optional accessories include SpectraViewII software (SVII-SOFT), colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR3), complete SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT) and hood (HDPA23)
The MultiSync P232W-BK and P232W-BK-SV ship with a four-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in July 2012 at an estimated street price of $569 and $819, respectively.