Toshiba today announced its first HDD model with a 1TB capacity in the industry-standard 9.5mm high form factor. The MQ01ABD100 is Toshiba?s first model to deliver 500GB of memory per platter.
The 5400 RPM 2.5-inch (6.4cm) single platter SATA HDD has been engineered to deliver a high performance, energy efficient and uncompromised storage solution for high-end multimedia and gaming devices.
The MQ01ABD100 delivers an impressive energy consumption efficiency of 0.00055 i and the lowest energy consumption efficiency among similar capacity 3.5-inch (8.8cm) and 2.5-inch (6.4cm) drives from other industry players.
Forming part of a series of advanced format technology HDDs, the MQ01ABD100 is also developed to deliver a higher internal transfer rate with leading recording density.
The new family of HDDs features the following products; the MQ01ABD100, the MQ01ABD075, the MQ01ABD050, the MQ01ABD032, and MQ01ABD025, all with capacities of 1TB, 750GB, 500GB, 320GB and 250GB respectively.
The MQ01ABDxxx will be available from August 2011.
- Model Number: MQ01ABD100, 075, 050, 032, 025
- Maximum Capacity (Formatted): 1000/750//500/320/250
- Number of platters: 2 // 1
- Areal density (max): 1153.4Mb/mm2 (744.1Gb/in2)
- Media transfer rate (max): 1288.6Mbps
- Average seek time: 12 ms
- Rotational speed: 5400 RPM
- Buffer memory: 8 MB
- Interface:Serial ATA Revision 2.6 (ATA-8)
- Interface transfer rate: 3 Gb/s
- External dimensions (WxDxH mm):69.85 mm x 100.0 mm x 9.5 mm
- Weight (g): 112//102 g (typ)
- Energy consumption efficiency: 0.00055/0.00074//0.0011/0.0018/0.0022