Toshiba Corporation, a leading innovator in NAND flash memory technologies and solutions, today announced the launch of the world's first 64GB SDXC Memory Card with the world's fastest data transfer rate compliant with the new SD Memory Standard Ver. 3.00, UHS 1043.
Toshiba also extended its industry-leadership in memory card solutions by unveiling 32GB and 16GB SDHC Memory Cards compliant with the world's fastest data transfer rate. Sample shipments of the new SDXC Memory Cards for OEM manufacturers will start this November, and of the new SDHC Memory Cards in December. Both products will be available at retailers next spring.
The new SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards are the world's first memory cards compliant with the SD Memory Card Standard Ver. 3.00, UHS104, which brings a new level of ultra-fast read and write speeds to NAND flash based memory cards: a maximum write speed of 35MB per second, and a read speed of 60MB per second. The specifications meet strong market demand for cards combining high level performance with increased data capacity, in order to support such applications as high speed continuous shooting for digital still cameras and high resolution video recording for digital camcorders, and high speed transfers of those data from/ to other media.
The high level specifications and wide range of memory cards announced by Toshiba will further open the way for developers to bring exciting applications to future generations of consumer products. By further enhancing its SD Memory Card line-ups with larger capacity and higher data transfer rate, Toshiba will continue to meet market demand, and to lead the NAND flash memory market.
- SDXC Memory Card realizes the 64GB capacity, the largest capacity yet available in the market
- Supports UHS104, a new ultra high speed SD interface, and the highest standard in the new SD Memory Card Standard Ver. 3.00, which provides 104MB per sec. bus speed in the SD interface. It realizes a maximum write speed of 35MB per second and a read speed of 60MB per second
- UHS 104 provides the conventional SD interfaces, 3.3V DS (25MHz)/ HS (50MHz), and new SDHC Memory Cards with UHS104 are interoperable with existing SDHC host devices.
- SDXC Memory Cards are interoperable only with an SDXC host that implements the exFAT file system. It cannot interface with SD or SDHC hosts.
- Integrates highly secure CPRM copy protection technology.