EC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the additions of the 24-inch MultiSync P242W-BK and P242W-BK-SV, entry-level professional desktop widescreen monitors with LED backlights. The economical MultiSync P242W display joins the MultiSync P Series family, which features standard-gamut monitors designed for web, high-end desktop and photography applications to ensure accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance.
Its white LED-backlit AH-IPS panel only requires 29 watts of typical power while its ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display's brightness based on lighting conditions. "The 24-inch P242W display gives professionals in color-critical jobs a powerful tool for managing and delivering superior content," said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. "Built on the longevity of the MultiSync family of products, the P242W offers a broad feature set and robust 4-year warranty, translating to a very favorable total cost of ownership."
The P242W offers a wide array of connectivity options with DisplayPort, DVI-D, HDMI and VGA inputs. Additionally, it's USB with DisplaySync Pro KVM feature can be used to operate two computers with only one keyboard and mouse.
Meanwhile, the MultiSync P242W-BK-SV features hardware color calibration using the NEC SpectraView II color calibration solution to deliver accurate color in a simple-to-use and affordable package. The kit, which is compatible with both Apple Mac OS and Microsoft Windows operating systems, includes a customized calibration sensor based on the highly acclaimed X-Rite Eye-One Pro and award-winning SpectraView II calibration software.
The MultiSync P242W includes the following features:
- 24-inch, white LED-backlit, AH-IPS LCD technology with wide viewing angles for optimum performance and accurate color display
- 350 cd/m² brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 1920 x 1200 native resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio
- 99.6 percent coverage of the sRGB color gamut and 75.2 percent of NTSC
- Comprehensive input panel, including DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D and VGA
- USB 2.0 hub (2 up / 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro
- Internal 14-bit 3D programmable lookup tables (LUTs)
- Five programmable Picture Mode profiles for quick access to multiple color spaces
- Four-way ergonomic and quick-release stand with 150mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot, including locking base and carrying handle
- AmbiBright ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts display's brightness based on lighting conditions
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture capabilities, which allow two video signals to be viewed simultaneously in a secondary window configuration
- ENERGY STAR 6.0 certified
- Compatible with SpectraView II software, which helps the display achieve accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance (included with P242W-BK-SV)
- Optional accessories include SpectraViewII software (SVII-SOFT), colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR3), complete SpectraView II Color Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT) and hood (HDPA23)
- The MultiSync P242W-BK and P242W-BK-SV ship with a four-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in May 2013 at an estimated street price of $749 and $999, respectively
The MultiSync P242W-BK and P242W-BK-SV ship with a four-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in May 2013 at an estimated street price of $749 and $999, respectively.